Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Blog: Social networking sites

The two other platforms that I decided to visit and use actively are Instagram and Snapchat. I have noticed that Facebook is more family-oriented where people would post pictures more about their families or just their groups of friends. I believe other people would have different impressions of Facebook based on their friends, but this was my experience. On Twitter, I noticed that people mostly talked about their opinions on subject materials whether it be political, medical, technological or even on sports. On Instagram, people liked to focus more on the Aesthetic side and more on themselves. 90% of the media I found on there were selfies or videos of themselves at events like parties or raves. I think Instagram is more a log of someone's life and that is how people perceive it to be. On Snapchat, my favorite of the four platforms, I found that I use this mostly to look at people's everyday lives since most people post on their stories and send me snaps based on something interesting that has happened in their lives. However, one thing that was different was the blatant use of advertisements as the right portion of the application was focused solely on celebrities or tabloids-like news.

No comments:

Post a Comment